Enjoy your life...
- LCD-Saver utility - real screen saver for LCD and CRT monitors. It can turn off monitor or launch your default screen saver at any time when you press a hot key combination.
Download (the latest version is v.3.0) here: LCD-Svr (Size: 22,165 bytes; MD5: 84293a1690d87a4effd677acd49f8ce8).
- Do you remember your frustration when you're trying to read or look at something on the screen, but mouse cursor is right on the spot and covers exactly what you're looking for? It happens time to time (frequently at most inappropriate time) and what you have to do is to get that mouse and move cursor away (until the next time). It takes your time and creates a frustration. But there is solution that makes mouse cursor disappear from the screen when you do not need it. It is a tiny program Mouse Hider that watches your mouse activity and hides mouse cursor after some period of idle time. Now, you may read again -- cursor will not obscure your important part of the screen. To make your experience even better it allows to hide mouse cursor right at a time when you press any key on keyboard and usually at that particular time you don't need that mouse anymore. When you move mouse or press any mouse button cursor reappears immediately on the same spot, serving its good purpose. No hassle, no frustration, just convenient way to have mouse input right at the time when it's really needed.
The latest version of Mouse Hider may help netbook users also. It can emulate 'Fn' key with 'Context menu' key on the right side of keyboard. And because usually 'Context menu' key is close to arrow keys, if you want to move in your document one page up or down, instead of using two hands (left hand taking care of old 'Fn' key and right hand manipulating with arrow keys) you can use only one hand. Just depress 'Context menu' key with one finger of your right hand and press corresponding arrow key with another one.
Download (the latest version is v.2.1) here: Mouse Hider. Mouse Hider does not require any installation - just unzip executable into any appropriate folder and simply run it. You don't need special uninstall program - remove executable and that's it.
- To run command processor (CMD) in a hidden window use CMDH. It's very useful if you want to run a shell script (or a BAT file), but don't like to see flashing black CMD window on the screen every time you do it.
- If you still use Microsoft Money (or are going to use its free Money Plus Sunset verion) and you need to update prices of stocks or other investments online you may want to download our GetQuotes.js script that will do it for you. Script runs using standard Windows Script Host and doesn't require any additional packages (like Python or Java) to be installed.
- If you want to have a convenient way to request an advanced search via secure and private StartPage service by using IE context menu - install "StartPage Search Helper" add-in for IE. It does not consume any additional computer resources (like other toolbars do), but it does simplify search requests. All you need to do is to highlight a query word or a whole phrase on your current web page and then call StartPage from context menu (mouse right-click). Results will come immediately. You may even make a search request in the web site locally and StartPage will make search for you within the current site/domain only.
Download (the latest version is v.1.2) here: StartPage Search Helper. You may also want to install Google Search Helper.
- If you see a registry key on a web page and want to check its value in your computer - now it's easy to do so in IE by highlighting the key, making mouse right click and choosing Bring It On menu item. It becomes possible, if you download and install BIO add-on for IE.
- Mouse Rescue™ add-in for IE v.1.2. This add-in helps restore right and/or left mouse click functionality in IE web browser in case if some unfriendly web site tries to take it from you.
- Zap Plugins™ add-in for IE v.1.1. This add-in helps remove annoying plugin ads from web site you're browsing. The rest of content of the page will be preserved.
- Here is how to run multiple separated instances of the latest Iron browser simultaneously. Get scripts, that will help you to make a copy of your profile and to run as many separate browsers as you need at the same time. Run it faster and keep your privacy protected. You may want to run the same way Chromium browser.
- If you run FreeSWITCH SIP server, you probably know, that all calls, coming from PSTN in the US, do not have a name of the caller, coming along with phone number. If you want to see who is calling, you have to make a name resolution request in real time. You may want to look at GetCNAM.js script, that we have developed and offer for free usage. It checks phone number of incoming call in local CNAM.txt file and then, if phone number still unknown yet, tries to make online request, using OpenCNAM free service.
- If you have OBi100, OBi110, OBi202 or OBi302 ATA device and want to know how to provision it remotely and securely, we can give you detailed instructions here.
- Have you heard about bookmarklets? These are small scripts that improve browser's functionality and help you enjoy your work with web sites (sometimes protecting from intrusive ads and other annoyances). There is our collection of variety of useful (as we hope) bookmarklets ready for everyday use by any average user. Developers of web sites will find there some interesting tools also.
- If, running Windows XP, you do not want a company developing software to install and permanently run more and more background processes and/or services which do nothing useful for your computer (for example KB905474) - take Windows update process into your own hands and turn off automatic update service. WU6.bat will help you to turn it on only when you need it and to turn it off when you don't. No more sudden "fixes" of OS which can't be removed, no more unexpected modifications of OS without your consent. The latest versions support monitoring BITS service as well.
- If you want to add "Disable AutoRun for all drives" option in Windows Explorer "Tools | Folder Options... | View | Advanced settings" menu - download this package - "WE_TMenu_DisableAutoRun".
- Visit to learn our XML-based type definition protocol - XDT.
- If you're interested in HTML and want to try it - check real time HTML editor.
- If you've got simply bored and need a rest - try this: they're watching you.
- Have you ever thought about downloading of the Internet? Here you go - download it.
- Wait... almost forgot - if you feel like you need some good piece of code installed on your computer, that is fully compatible with many OS and thoroughly tested, then go for it - it's NaDa™. Free download guaranteed and, that's most important, it does exactly what it promises.
In an emergency case (if you feel that your computer has been hijacked or has got a virus, spyware, addaware, ...) - read BBR Security » General Questions article first.
Last modified: 2018-01-01
Copyright © 2000-2018 Gate2NET®. All Rights Reserved.